From: Ecological Society of America: grants, jobs, news
[ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU] on behalf of Andrés Santana
[andres.sant...@ots.ac.cr]
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2014 5:20 PM
To: ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU
Subject: Re: [ECOLOG-L] Loss of field courses, continued

We at OTS share this concern. We truly believe that field courses and field
research present students with some of the best opportunities to do research
and understand nature. I know firsthand that spending a semester out in field
stations taking courses and doing research is a life changing experience. I was
fortunate enough to be chosen to participate in a field semester with and OTS
program.
OTS specializes in field courses and we welcome any faculty member that wants
to teach a course at any one of our field stations. We are constantly working
on and thinking of new  field course topics in ecology and evolution that will
prove beneficial to students (undergrad and grad) in their professional and
academic careers. We would be glad to hear your input and work with any of you
setting up courses to teach your students or students from any university.

Best,

Andrés Santana
Graduate Education Department
Organization for Tropical Studies