Last weekend I got into a long discussion on the value of GRE score in a PhD
student. As the 2015 applicants start, I open up the discussion to the
community:

I have a female student that has both a Masters (thesis) and publication with
several years research experience. However, her GRE score are quite poor.
Should I really pass up a seemingly great applicant because of low scores?

If a student has a biology Masters or a publication... do GRE scores matter?
Have we not moved past GRE scores when picking the next round of PhD
researchers for our lab(s)?

If you have a personal story of low scores and still attaining your PhD or
accepting a similar student... I would love to hear from you!

Cheers!
Alex M.L