Frank J.Rahel 1983. The Habitus of Ecologists: Fear and Clothing at Penn
State. Bulletin of the Ecological Society of America 64:219–220

There is also a great one on succession in research institutions. Early
organizations have little stuff and small libraries, both heavily used.
Mature institutes have lots of botth. Early institutes publish a lot and
have little administration; the reverse for mature organizations. I can't
find it but I would love a copy.

Cheers,

David Duffy

--