There's been a series of papers on the unsuccessful treatment of writers
block, of which the most recent appears to be this one:

Unsuccessful treatments of "writer's block": a meta-analysis.
Authors
Mclean DC
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/?term=Mclean%20DC%5BAuthor%5D>1, Thomas
BR <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/?term=Thomas%20BR%5BAuthor%5D>.
Author information <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/25153962/#>
Journal

Psychol Rep. 2014 Aug;115(1):276-8. doi: 10.2466/28.PR0.115c12z0. Epub 2014
Jun 24.
Affiliation
Abstract

A wide literature of the unsuccessful treatment of writer's block has
emerged since the early 1970's. Findings within this literature seem to
confer generalizability of this procedure; however, small sample sizes may
limit this interpretation. This meta-analysis independently analyzed effect
sizes for "self-treatments" and "group-treatments" using number of words in
the body of the publication as indication of a failure to treat writer's
block. Results of the reported findings suggest that group-treatments tend
to be slightly more unsuccessful than self-treatments.

--
Jon