Jorge

This is not exactly “guidance”, but common pronunciation of scientific Latin
names deviates substantially from scholars’ best guesses about how the original
Latin
was pronounced.  For example, one usually hears

“ae” pronounced as “ee”, from scientists, whereas the Latin would be “eye”

Conversely,

“ii” is pronounced “ee” “eye”, whereas the Latin would be “ee” “ee”.

This of course bothers those of us who studied Latin in school, but there is
little likelihood of change.  So bottom line: IMO you are probably fine with
either option.