The BMJ has a Christmas issue that contains amusements, my favourite of which is this one:
<http://www.bmj.com/content/323/7327/1450>
(which has even been used in a 'serious' meta-analysis)

Bob

On 06/08/2015 05:40 PM, David Schneider wrote:
For a humorous application of inverse probability
(which somehow came to be called Bayesian statistics)
see
Stigler, S.M. 1983.  Who discovered Bayes's Theorem?
The American Statistician 37:290-296

David Schneider

Quoting Gary Grossman <gross...@uga.edu>:

I'm looking for funny articles published and a few come to mind that I
can't remember citations for so I thought I'd ask here.  I don't really
want to page through J. Irreproducable Results or Worm Runner's Digest but
there are a few I'm hoping someone can help me with (vice vis pdfs)

In either the late 70's or 80's there was a note in Nature that comprised
the poem and reviewers comments on Shelley's *"Ozymandias*"

Then at about the same time someone published a paper in Limn. & Ocean.
estimating the biomass of the Loch Ness monster.

And also at some point someone published a satirical paper on "if no one
heard it, did the tree in the forest really fall?"

Of course any other humorous gems would be appreciated.
Please remember the list doesn't allow attachments, so please respond to my
university email.

TIA, g2

--
Gary D. Grossman, PhD

Professor of Animal Ecology
Warnell School of Forestry & Natural Resources
University of Georgia
Athens, GA, USA 30602

http://grossman.myweb.uga.edu/ <http://www.arches.uga.edu/%7Egrossman>

Board of Editors - Animal Biodiversity and Conservation
Editorial Board - Freshwater Biology
Editorial Board - Ecology Freshwater Fish

--
Bob O'Hara

Biodiversity and Climate Research Centre
Senckenberganlage 25
D-60325 Frankfurt am Main,
Germany

Tel: +49 69 7542 1863