Hello Kay,

My first job out of grad school (ecology and evolution) was advising
biology majors at a large public university. The vast majority were pre-med
or otherwise health focused. They had a requirement to take at least one
ecology course, and for those that were focused on health careers, this was
often their only ecology course. However, several of the ecology courses
did have a health-related course title (parasites, medicine, disease,
physiology, etc) and were often extremely popular among bio majors (some
would say too popular given the ratio of seats to students in many public
universities). This could suggest either a slight refocus of an existing
course, or perhaps a new ecology course that could very easily teach many
core ecology concepts with health related examples. I think many people on
this list serv would agree that knowledge of some core concepts in ecology
and evolution would be very useful among healthcare professionals, so I
think this is a reasonable action to consider. Good luck!

Best,
David

David Mellor <https://osf.io/qthsf/>
Center for Open Science <http://centerforopenscience.org/>