Subject: [ECOLOG-L] predatory journals
From: David Duffy <ddu...@hawaii.edu>
Date: Wed, September 06, 2017 5:57 pm
To: ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU

"To reduce the supply of papers flowing to predatory journals, we need to do a better job of educating trainees and faculty members about how to assess a journal's integrity. We need incentives and resources that will prevent scientists from sending real work to places that will not identify flaws or truly contribute to the scholarly literature. Several global funders have mandated open-access publishing. However, without guidance in selecting journals responsibly, this problem of irresponsible publishing is likely to increase. Science and society would be better off if we stopped the waste by cutting off the supply."

--
David Duffy Ph.D.
Professor and Director
戴大偉 (Dài Dàwěi)
Pacific Cooperative Studies Unit/Makamakaʻāinana
Department of Botany
University of Hawaii/Ke Kulanui o Hawaiʻi
3190 Maile Way
Honolulu Hawaii 96822 USA
1-808-956-8218
  • ... David Duffy
    • ... Neahga Leonard
      • ... Bob OHara
        • ... Jesse Minor
      • ... Dr Zhi-Yun JIA
      • ... Culley, Theresa (culleyt)
      • ... Emily Moran
    • ... Matthew Von Hendy Call Send SMS Add to Skype You'll need Skype Credit Free via Skype
    • ... Matthew Von Hendy Call Send SMS Add to Skype You'll need Skype Credit Free via Skype