If anyone has a list of respectable, legitimate, good quality Open Access
Journals that would probably be of great benefit to many in this listserv.

Many of us are not in the academic world, and our organizations cannot
afford to criminally high cost of access to many journals, yet still need
timely access to high quality publications, both for our own research and
for publication of our findings.

This is especially true in the conservation world, where more and more
organizations have a policy of using only Open Access Journals in order to
ensure that our information is accessible to others who need it or are
merely interested in it.

Those of you who use (publish in or read) legitimate Open Access Journals,
please share your favorites with us.

Neahga Leonard
*Project Director*
Cat Ba Langur Conservation Project
Cat Ba National Park
Cat Hai District
Hai Phong Province, Vietnam
neahga.leon...@catbalangur.de

*There is not just a whole world to explore, there is a whole universe to
explore, perhaps more than one.*
Personal Blog: http://writingfornature.wordpress.com/

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 4:57 AM, David Duffy <ddu...@hawaii.edu> wrote:

> "To reduce the supply of papers flowing to predatory journals, we need to
> do a better job of educating trainees and faculty members about how to
> assess a journal's integrity. We need incentives and resources that will
> prevent scientists from sending real work to places that will not identify
> flaws or truly contribute to the scholarly literature. Several global
> funders have mandated open-access publishing. However, without guidance in
> selecting journals responsibly, this problem of irresponsible publishing is
> likely to increase. Science and society would be better off if we stopped
> the waste by cutting off the supply."
>
> http://www.nature.com/news/illegitimate-journals-scam-
> even-senior-scientists-1.22556?WT.ec_id=NATURE-
> 20170907&spMailingID=54864391&spUserID=MzUwNzYwMDk5OTgS1&
> spJobID=1244089361&spReportId=MTI0NDA4OTM2MQS2
> --
> David Duffy Ph.D.
> Professor and Director
> 戴大偉 (Dài Dàwěi)
> Pacific Cooperative Studies Unit/Makamakaʻāinana
> Department of Botany
> University of Hawaii/*Ke Kulanui o Hawaiʻi*
> 3190 Maile Way
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=3190+Maile+WayHonolulu+Hawaii+96822&entry=gmail&source=g>
> Honolulu Hawaii 96822
> <https://maps.google.com/?q=3190+Maile+WayHonolulu+Hawaii+96822&entry=gmail&source=g>
> USA
> 1-808-956-8218

  • ... David Duffy
    • ... Neahga Leonard
      • ... Bob OHara
        • ... Jesse Minor
      • ... Dr Zhi-Yun JIA
      • ... Culley, Theresa (culleyt)
      • ... Emily Moran
    • ... Matthew Von Hendy Call Send SMS Add to Skype You'll need Skype Credit Free via Skype
    • ... Matthew Von Hendy Call Send SMS Add to Skype You'll need Skype Credit Free via Skype