This discussion of the "Bystander Effect" is fascinating.  I see this as an extremely pervasive problem in society (eg: people taking cell phone video of accidents and tweeting instead of helping out, etc.).

I guess to say I have gotten 0 total responses in the past year would be a little inaccurate.  I've gotten a hand full, but similar to the earlier discussion on the "bystander effect", they only point to others and offer the advice basically of "ask someone else", then put on the Hero hat and walk off.  (sort of like the "Captain Hindsight" character in South Park).

How large is ESA (Ecological Society) compared with other groups? Another person today suggested I work with established scientific "societies".  I've tried N number of small, medium and large institutions (museums, zoos, universities, etc.) but gotten absolutely nowhere there (2-3 years of trying!).  Maybe ESA has more ample resources and organizing events is more in the "wheel house" of such a group?