It seems simply stating the size of the event would make the remaining opportunities you describe obvious.  I can't really write a thesis on an event I'm doing for free and spending a few $k of my own money to make happen - it's not my regular job.

Also, I am told people have an aversion to reading/seeing long emails.  In my experience people have an aversion to reading/seeing ANY email (or voicemail, phone call, smoke signal, carrier pigeon letter, mailer....  any form of communication) so maybe my point is moot.

It's probably best that I just give up on ISI (the organization I came up with but is apparently stunningly unpopular) and organizing large sections and plan on doing a single table by myself (like I do everything else) in hears I want to go to USA Sci Fest. A lot cheaper that way and, even better, I don't have to rely on humans.

* I wise old proverb: "If it is to be, it will be done by me."