Quoted text is from <6FB083FB72EFD21181D30004AC4CA18A0E04FC@srv002>, by
Alan Macro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>[Alan Macro]  There's seems to be some difference in concept between the EAN
>ILN and UCC Company number. According to the above site, the ILN identifies
>any legal, functional or physical location within a business or
>organisational entity. I.e. it can identify the location of a site or
>department within a company. According to the UCC Glossary, the UCC Company
>Number is "the portion of the UCC/EAN identification number which uniquely
>identifies the manufacturer/labeler of the item. (Also referred to as the
>company prefix.)".

So the first seven digits of the EAN ILN are what correspond to the UCC
Company Number (with the initial ones identifying the national authority
which issued it). The next five are at the disposal of the company to
identify operating divisions, depots, or whatever (in the UK they are
often just "00000", indicating no internal differentiation). Finally the
check digit calculated on the '13' rule.

Thanks for the information.

Regards
Chris

--
Chris Johnson  +44 (0)20 8 501 1490 (home)
EDIMatrix Ltd  +44 (0)20 8 559 2454 (work)