I find the idea of using a license for pre-packaged software as a model for
commercial software curious.  These licenses have been found to be
unenforceable in some states at least in part.  There is a big difference
between a spreadsheet package and software you run your business on.

I find a disclaimer WRT "conformance with documented features " very
questionable.  What determines what the buyer is getting if not the
documentation?  Something has to.

My experience with both sides of this equation was primarily with a $10
billion computer where experienced legal resources and standard contracts
were available but we still had to negotiate on every deal.  Even when I had
a small software house which sold our product through VARs, we engaged an
experienced software lawyer to draw up the contracts.  I never felt this was
a do-it-yourself project.  Even if you must do it yourself, your questions
are more appropriate in a legal newsgroup.

I can understand the buyer wanting to trigger escrow in the case of
incorrect documentation but I have no idea how you would word this in a
contract to the satisfaction of both parties.

Good luck.

Jim Divoky, EC Solutions, 865-471-5529