Amen. I could not have said it better.
There was a purpose and a reason behind the development of EDI over two decades
ago,
and that purpose and reason still stands strong today.  And that is to have a
standard
(of course there are those out there that believe theirs is the only way type
standard)
that can be used for sending and receiving documents computer to computer, no
matter
what the other computer is or what platform it runs on.  The EDI data should
remain in
tact regardless of the transport used to move the data.  It should not have to
be manipulated
again to fit into another language.  How many times do we want to reinvent the
wheel. Round is good.
What ever happened to the KISS theory (of course this makes an assumption that
EDI is simple).

Now that I that I have said my piece, I have done enough preaching for today.

"Hurd, Richard A (Rich)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on 04/18/2000 07:04:57 AM

Please respond to "Hurd, Richard A (Rich)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>