> This is all very good.  However; let's not forget the orginal reason that we word
>with EDI or
XMS or ?? and that is to move
> information from one application to another application in the fastest and most cost
>ffective
method possible.

> Stanley Pool
> EDI Consultant

Hi Stan

I agree with you for those partners which can pass EDI-Data (in what format forever)
directly
to their applications. But there are many partners - almost small companies -  which
have no
EDI or something else. The communication method is fax or letter. And a important
topic is
also to reach these partners. XML, with DTD and XSL are an important instrument to
reach
these partners.

Stephan

debis Systemhaus GmbH
TCS/PV   EC - Team
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

ннннннннннннннннннннннни signoff the EDI-L list,
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]