- \"Kiran Dunthuluri\" wrote:

> I am new to XML  I did some reading on it .

> One advantage is we can view the data through XSL but how does
> it benifit a large organisation?

There are many other methods for viewing data other than using XML, so
that is not an advantage of XML in itself.

> Only major cost we reduction is eleminating
> the VANS.

Eliminating VANS is not a feature of XML. Any Internet or direct
dialup communication method can be used for transporting interchange
file with or without XML use.

> But are we not moving from a secured VANS  to Insecure Internet?

Internet can be more secure than VANS in many ways.

> when your are opening your system to customers data is there not a chance for
> hackers gain access to your system  by gaining access to the customers system?

This has nothing to do with XML either. Hacking can be easier
with VANS than Internet, depending on the security arrangements
at the nodes. With Internet, individual packets of data (small
portions of the interchange file) can take different (random)
routes between source and destination nodes.

> Even though XML looks colorful and a new technology whats going to happen to the
> value the VANS add? ex. Syntax checking, Line drops etc.

Do VANS really add value? XML has nothing whatever to do with what
happens to VANS.

--
Ken Steel
ICARIS Services