Is anybody using the element (1705) that came out in the ST segment in X12
4020?  It is defined as "Implementation Convention" with a description of
"Reference assigned to identify Implementation Convention."  It is a data
type of AN and a max length of 35.  I am interested in a real world
application of the use of this element and why it was added since there are
the last 6 bytes of element 480 in the GS which seem to serve the same
purpose?  Would any respondents please email the list and my email
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  directly.  I get the digest version of EDI-L and
my posting are received the next day.  I need to know as soon as possible.
Thank you

EdgeWise, Inc.
Maura T. Grady
Phone: 813.931.EDGE