Richard,

You may want to look at one other option.

Before Hayes closed it's doors, Harbinger (SupplyTech) worked with Hayes to
develop AutoSync and subsequently AutoSync II.  The AutoSync technology
provides the Hayes Optima External the ability to emulate BISYNC
communications.  As with the Cleo, you also have the extra value of ASYNC as
well.  The Hayes approach is perfect for those customers that only have one
BISYNC connection requirement as AutoSync will only connect to 9600 baud
BISYNC connections.  Unfortunately this is not a perfect solution for the
ASYNC+BISYNC problem.  There still exists some connections, like MACK truck
(4800 baud), that do not support 9600.  Therefore, those wanting to connect
to both MACK truck and WALMART would not be able to use AutoSync -- the Cleo
AllSync (3780Plus) would be the best choice.  The cost of the AUTOSYNC
capable Hayes Optima External solution (from Harbinger) is ~$250.

Since Harbinger worked directly with Hayes, I am not sure if any other EDI
solution providers picked up on this technology.  The only product I know
that makes use of the AutoSync technology is TrustedLink Windows (STX).

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Walter Pickel
Director, Internet Services