Debbi:

Earlier this year Graphic Communications Association issued its
Specifications for Publisher-Agency Communications Exchange (SPACE) that
applies the X12/850 and related standards to the magazine advertising
purchasing process, what the industry calls insertion orders. This
specification includes design factors, so you may find it helpful.  See
http://www2.gca.org/store/product.asp?id=236 for a brief description.

The person at GCA who headed the SPACE project is Jim Harvey,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] and 703-519-8166.  Best regards.

Alan Kotok
Director, Education and Information Resources
Data Interchange Standards Association
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
+1 703-518-4174
** DISA's E-Business and Internet Conference, 7-9 March 2001, in San Francisco.
http://www.disa.org/conference/annual_conf/index.htm **