I am having the same problem, same software  AS/400 based EV5.

I am about to attempt - For the 5th time - installation of the EV5 product.
I spent 6+ months going round about with support and withholding payment
just to get them to fix the problems (which many still exist I just worked
around them) which they don't seem to care about fixing.

This NEW product has some nice features, but in terms of compatibility with
the old in the translation map area there is not very much of it.  This is a
totally new translator and they supported what they wanted to in it and
could care less about the rest, even if you were using the features.

They don't even want to support non EDI based formats anymore.  DUH - where
are a ton a companies going now --- flat files with data or XML or CSV over
the internet - EDI INT, SMTP, or FTP.

They better wake up and listen or everyone will switch to EXTOL or in our
case look at Biztalk from MS (not looking forward to the PC problems that
will bring but it does have a bit more flexibility).  Only problem I see
with Biztalk is they don't want to hear the word EDI INT it seems, they need
to wake up too, especially with UCC behind it.

I would say if you have to work with EV5 and want to start from scratch -
OK, but with conversions of translation maps you better check every single
one for problems - because if you do anything complex (and sometimes simple)
it may not work the same anymore.  Then pray hard when you implement.

Joe Reinhardt
EDI/EC Manager
Lance, Inc.
704 557 8673