Title: RE: VMI Workflow
In my 12 years of experience of EDIFACT usage in Sweden and Scandinavia, I have never seen UNG/UNE used.

Kurt Svensson

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2001 6:36 PM
Subject: EDIFACT Question

I work with a company that is about to begin an EDIFACT implementation. We are trying to get an idea of what the "standard" use is of the UNA, UNB/UNZ and UNG/UNE segments. I have seen a few examples of EDIFACT in my research and I have yet to see a use of the UNA or UNG/UNE segments. In anyone's experience, do companies generally just utilize the UNB/UNZ segments in conjunction with the individual messages or do they include the Functional Group level as well?

Thank you in advance for your assistance with this matter.

John