From:   William J. Kammerer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Thursday, March 29, 2001 10:58 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: Walmart shipping information

Chris LaPlaca asked "Is there a website that shows [Wal-Mart's]
requirements for prospective customers?"

Joe Reinhardt told Chris that "New customers need X12 Version 4030."

I never paid much attention to the vast quantity of messages in the last
couple of months regarding Wal-Mart, except to surmise that either (1)
Wal-Mart could work on its communication with suppliers, (2) its
suppliers don't pay attention, or (3) Wal-Mart is engaged in some
perverse "survival of the fittest" experiment to weed out suppliers.  In
any event, none of this was any of my business. I figure Wal-Mart is
perfectly entitled to throw its weight around as an 800-lb. EDI gorilla,
making as many demands on suppliers as it can get away with.

But now that Wal-Mart CUSTOMERS have to use X12 Version 4030, I'm going
to have to put my foot down!  I'm a CUSTOMER, and under no circumstances
am I going to go to the hassle of using X12 just so I can buy some
tattoo band-aids, shampoo, or batteries. Enough is enough!

Now, if Wal-Mart had just mandated XML, that might be another thing
altogether...

William J. Kammerer
FORESIGHT Corp.
4950 Blazer Pkwy.