Thanks to Dan Tharp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> for sharing his evaluation with
us.  I wonder if you might share a few other pieces of information to
help others learn from you experience.

You mention cost, "ease of use", and "intuitiveness" as factors which
influenced your decision.  Also, you mentioned as a negative that
BizTalk was very developer oriented and you would not recommend it for
someone looking for an "out of the box" EDI solution.  However, you felt
that you and your staff were able to deal with it.  Were there other
significant factors that led to your decision, and if so, what were
they?

I haven't yet done the download and evaluation of BizTalk server
(another thing on my overcrowded "to do" list), and was wondering about
the level of EDI support in BizTalk.

Does it come with the EDI standard definitions (X12, EDIFACT, etc.) for
validation, or do you have to create your own templates for validation?
[I assume it does validation of EDI documents!]

Does it automatically create and reconcile functional acknowledgments
(X12 997 or EDIFACT CONTRL), or do you have to create your own?

Does it easily allow tracking by X12 or EDIFACT interchange control
numbers (by viewing an interchange history in a browser), or do you have
to open the individual documents to retrieve the numbers?

Thanks,

--
Michael C. Rawlins, Rawlins EC Consulting
http://www.metronet.com/~rawlins/