From: Bradley A. Linboom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 9:08 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: New to the EDI profession...HELP!

Thank you in advance to any who take the time to respond to my post.  I got
into EDI by accident...through a temp agency who needed someone who knew
computers, and in my area I was the only one (smaller towns will do that I
guess).  After 4 months in a company who used GENTRAN: Server for NT,
without an EDI Co-ordinator and with the help of a Sterling Commerce
consultant, I was able to get a decent grasp on what I was doing...including
mapping of 800 series documents X12 standards.  I have kept up since then as
much as possible, (it was a full-time summer job) and am interested in
getting back into it now that I have my bachelor's degree (unrelated field).

My question is thus: Is there anything I can do to get into the field?  Most
of the jobs I see require 3+ years experience, well, how do I get in and get
that experience?

Thank you for any help you can give!

Bradley A. Linboom