What does all this mean?

if you look into the 837 Professional 4010X098 May2000
Implementation guide and go to page 173 under the
segment CLM Element 05 subelem 01 id# 1331 Facility
Type Code, there is a grayed out note below with a
list of valid code values.

When I read this text I understand it to be that there
is an Internal Code list provided with 29 values and
anything other than those valid 29 should then be for
compliancy sake then bounced off the 237 external code
list which seems to be a superset of this valid list
and it may be subject to change?

any part of this clear to anyone?

any thoughts or wisdom?

thanks