The tragedy happened on Tuesday and I'm a huge sports fan.  No sports have
shown on television for the last two days and I realized something.

I think about the people who I admired most on TV:  the Michael Jordans, the
Shaquille O'Neals, the Wayne Gretzky's.  I admired these people and
considered these multimillionaire sports figures as heroes.  But I look at
TV the last couple of days and don't see these millionaires.  Do not see my
sports.  I see the police officers, firemen, rescue workers, and volunteers
who risked their lives, gave their lives, and who are currently looking to
save lives in the worst terroristic act in U.S. history.  I see these people
who do not get multi-million dollar contracts and aren't pro-athletes.  I
see people who are underpaid and underappreciated, yet put their lives on
the line for Americans every stinking day.

For the first time in my life, I realized who the true heroes in this
country really are.

Charles Barkley was right when he said many years ago, "I am not a role
model."  The next time you notice a child looking to TV for a role model,
show them a videotape of these people risking their lives trying to rescue
people from this WTC disaster and they'll see who the true role models in
this country really are.