Wouldn't it be a whole lot simpler to create a separate 850 for Widget C?

That's what I'd expect and insist on - regardless of the size of the
gorilla.

 

John Fiorino

  _____  

From: [email protected] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Craig Dunham
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 11:45 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [EDI-L] Re: an original or a change? [OT] - POs.

 

As one of those "800 pound gorillas"..... 

Seriously, though, an 860 should NEVER be used as a NEW order.... 
It's just wrong and far too confusing....

However, I can think of at least one instance where it could be 
used...

Let's say that I send a PO to XYZ Company for 10,000 quantity of 
widget A and 1000 of widget B to be sent over 10 months - I'll get 
1100 widgets a month (A and B)... But then, about 3 months in, you 
come up with Widget C and present it and we buy it... well, we just 
can add it to our existing PO for A & B and now - viola! - you have 
an 860 that is a new order.... At least in theory....

And a typical blanket PO that may get sent via EDI (Coke, please 
provide us with enough Coke, Coke Zero, diet Coke, and Sprite to 
fill our coolers for 1 year). Then part way through the year, we 
add that Vault product to the list - again, it will create an 860 
and it will (at least partially) be a "new order" for a product 
we've not purchased before...

Of course, then there is the concept of "oops".... I create a PO 
and it generates the 850. But then I notice an "oops" and go into 
the PO and revise it and it generates the 860... But I figure I 
don't want you to be confused (HA!) so I delete the orginal 850 from 
My translator and leave the 860 in the system. The pre-determined 
time comes along and the 860 gets sent and the 850 never does...

So, you get an 860 as an "original" order and you've never seen the 
original 850 PO....

How's THAT for an explanation..?!?

Are you happy now, Leah...?!?

Craig Dunham
EDI Coordinator (is that the hat I'm wearing today...?)
Big 5 Sporting Goods 

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:EDI-L%40yahoogroups.com> com, stanley pool
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> Because the 800 pound gorilla says it is a new PO.
>  
> Cheers,
> 
> --- On Thu, 6/26/08, Leah Halpin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> 
> From: Leah Halpin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [EDI-L] When do you consider a message an original or 
a change?
> To: "Ken Hulse" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
<mailto:EDI-L%40yahoogroups.com> com
> Date: Thursday, June 26, 2008, 1:17 PM
> 
> p.s. now, if someone can explain to me how an 860 can be a "new 
order", I'll be happy.
> 
> Leah
> 

 



[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


------------------------------------

...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to