Thanks a lot for all your comments. They are very helpful, thought provoking 
and eye opening:-)
Have a good nightBest RegardsNB

--- On Tue, 2/1/11, Michael Mattias/LS <[email protected]> wrote:

From: Michael Mattias/LS <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: [EDI-L] Disclaimer in Po Ack
To: "EDI-L" <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, February 1, 2011, 2:54 PM















 
 



  


    
      
      
      >I kind of disagree with David last comment: "You can use the 855 just to 

>ack the

>850 similar to the 997".

>The 997 is there to acknowledge that an EDI document was received and all 

>the

>verification segment and element match.

>The 855 is there to acknowledge a PO in a way that you accept or refuse to

>deliver the goods in the PO in the terms specified by the PO (price, 

>quantity,

>etc).

>I can be wrong but this is the way I understand it.



You are not wrong; you are absolutely one hundred percent correct and good 

for you to speak up.



I find it helps to think of the 997 as similar to signing for a package from 

UPS: "Yes, I got your package(s), in apparently good order; but I have not 

yet inspected the contents in detail."



Michael C. Mattias

Tal Systems Inc.

Racine WI

[email protected]





    
     

    
    


 



  











      

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



------------------------------------

...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    [email protected] 
    [email protected]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [email protected]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Reply via email to