On 8/18/2015 10:26 AM, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
Ultimately, it would be useful to have a subset of
platforms/toolchains that need to pass before a patch is accepted, but
I am aware that we are still far away from anything like that.

For internal use, I have set up some infrastructure that we can use to
test patch series against the following combos

(https://ci.linaro.org/job/leg-tianocore-edk2-build-test/)

It would be good if we could formalize something like this in the
future, i.e., define a 'gold standard' of combos that need to build
correctly, and automate it. (I know having MSFT toolchains in here
would be better, but they are not accessible to everyone as easily.)
In the mean time, triggering these jobs by hand when proposing series
that touch common code should help gain confidence that it won't break
the build for someone else.

In case anyone's wondering - I *did* have a Jenkins server setup that did something similar, but it was going to cost over $500/month to run all the various platforms on AWS so I shut it down for now.

--
Bruce