On Thu, 2016-02-18 at 17:36 +0000, Long, Qin wrote:
> I think I also need to apologize, that it's my decision to pending
> some part of Dave's patch series posted in last year (with simple
> sync-up with Dave), which includes some changes for include path,
> build process, etc.

I agreed with that then, and in retrospect it looks like the right
decision. It turns out that from 1.0.2e onwards, the symlinks are no
longer present in the include/openssl/ directory of the release
tarballs. So if you had actually merged my patch to use the OpenSSL
include directory, back in the 1.0.2d days, it would have broken with
the update to 1.0.2e.

I've revamped that patch so that we retain Install.sh even on POSIX
platforms. Basically we just copy the files to where OpenSSL normally
has them, instead of copying them to our *own* CryptoPkg/Include/
directory.

I've also rebuilt my OpenSSL_1_0_2-stable branch at
http://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/openssl.git with freshly cherry-
picked patches from HEAD... now that fairly much every change we had
*is* committed to OpenSSL HEAD.

My main motivation for doing this right now is because we need to
ensure that OpenSSL 1.1, when it comes out, *does* do everything we
need out of the box.

I won't send another patchbomb to the list right now, but I've updated
the tree at http://git.infradead.org/users/dwmw2/edk2.git

Again, up to and including the 'Automatically configure OpenSSL and
generate file list' patch are applicable even while we stick with
1.0.2. The final two commits need more work (and I'm hoping you follow
through on the discussion about the HMAC APIs), but are mostly useful
for ensuring that OpenSSL HEAD *stays* working as it approaches
release.

david.woodho...@intel.com                              Intel Corporation