Felix,

Yes.  I agree.  I will work on a Bugzilla issue for this topic
and I prefer the idea of updating Base.h to check _MSC_VER value.

The one challenge is that 'static' could be added in front of
GLOBAL_REMOVE_IF_UNREFERENCED, and it will build correctly with
VS2012 and newer, but would fail with older VS versions that
require __declspec(selectany) for size optimization.

Thanks,

Mike