Hi Patrick,

> If the autoconversion is not considered good enough, I'd propose keeping out
> patch 1 of this series that adds the #! line and the executable bit, and
> instead expect people to always call the script with "python
> $path/SplitFspBin.py" to keep confusion at a minimum.

There was quite a debate on this a few years ago. Without getting into the
details, the decision was made that people on Windows platforms would set
core.autocrlf=false and that source code would be stored in CR-LF format. Per
your recommendation, it sounds like we should only merge patch 2 then.

Thanks,
Nate