On 01/08/19 17:22, Carsey, Jaben wrote:
> Liming and Laszlo,
>       What if we add a 4th option to the environment variable - the path to a
> specific python interpreter for use.

I thought of that, but how do the build tools derive the python version
just from the pathname of the interpreter?

Will they run "$INTERPRETER --version" and parse the output?

I think that could be brittle; distributions sometimes customize the
version strings of their executables. The "--version" output is usually
human-readable, not machine-readable (per intent).