On 2019-03-13 10:54:22, Kinney, Michael D wrote:

> 84141eacac edk2: Remove Contributions.txt and update Readme.md

I guess this removes the requirement for the 'Contributed-under' tag
in commit messages?

But, what about Signed-off-by? Is it desirable to remove that
requirement?

Relatedly, some open source projects have standardized on tying the
Signed-off-by to this text:

https://developercertificate.org/

So, the contributor doesn't have to agree to give the project the
contribution under the Contributed-under terms, but they still
indicate that they believe that the project can use the code under the
project's indicated license.

There is also other information in Contributions.txt that appears to
have been deleted, rather than moved. I guess it is mostly duplicated
on the wiki. That doesn't mean it's not a good idea to duplicate it in
the source tree, or at least provide a web-link. It seems like the
first place devs might look for such information is either the readme,
or Contributions.txt.

Regarding the wiki, I guess it has to be updated after this change is
made. It might be good to add that to the bug so it can't be closed
until that is fixed.

How about updating BaseTools/Scripts/PatchCheck.py?

-Jordan