On Jan 30, 2014, at 12:38 PM, John Davis <davi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I'm reading the Beyond Bios book in conjunction with the stuff on tianocore.
> The example code in chapter 4 of that book talks about a HelloApplication.
> The format looks different from the sample code in AppPkg\Hello directory of
> the EDK2 src.  Is that format/api shown in the book obsolete?  The book does
> not say how to compile it or even where to put it and I am confused.

I’m guessing the one in the book looks more like:
https://svn.code.sf.net/p/edk2/code/trunk/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Application/HelloWorld/HelloWorld.c
This is a the generic UEFI Application/Driver entry point.

The application in the AppPkg depends on the shell. So these are not UEFI
applications, they are UEFI shell applications. They depend on the shell being
loaded to function.

I think you will find that the entry point for the UefisShellCEntryLib is the
same as a UEFI Application. This library looks up info from a protocol produced
by the shell to figure out the arguments.

https://svn.code.sf.net/p/edk2/code/trunk/edk2/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellCEntryLib/UefiShellCEntryLib.c

Thanks,

Andrew Fish