Hello Andrew,

It kind of looks like the one you show. Kind of.

For reference here it is

----------
#include "efi.h"

EFI_STATUS InitializeHelloApplication( IN EFI_HANDLE ImageHandle, IN
EFI_SYSTEM_TABLE *SystemTable) {

  UINTN Index;

  SystemTable->ConOut->OutputString(SystemTable->ConOut,L"Hello application
started\n\r");
  SystemTable->ConOut->OutputString(SystemTable->ConOut,L"\n\r\n\r Hit any
key to exit\n\r");

SystemTable->BootServices->WaitForEvent(1,&(SystemTable->ConIn->WaitForKey),&Index);
  return EFI_SUCCESS;
}

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 12:57 PM, Andrew Fish <af...@apple.com> wrote:

> On Jan 30, 2014, at 12:38 PM, John Davis <davi...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello
> >
> > I'm reading the Beyond Bios book in conjunction with the stuff on
> tianocore.  The example code in chapter 4 of that book talks about a
> HelloApplication.  The format looks different from the sample code in
> AppPkg\Hello directory of the EDK2 src.  Is that format/api shown in the
> book obsolete?  The book does not say how to compile it or even where to
> put it and I am confused.
> >

> I’m guessing the one in the book looks more like:
> https://svn.code.sf.net/p/edk2/code/trunk/edk2/MdeModulePkg/Application/HelloWorld/HelloWorld.c
> This is a the generic UEFI Application/Driver entry point.
>
> The application in the AppPkg depends on the shell. So these are not UEFI
> applications, they are UEFI shell applications. They depend on the shell
> being loaded to function.
>
> I think you will find that the entry point for the UefisShellCEntryLib is
> the same as a UEFI Application. This library looks up info from a protocol
> produced by the shell to figure out the arguments.
>

> https://svn.code.sf.net/p/edk2/code/trunk/edk2/ShellPkg/Library/UefiShellCEntryLib/UefiShellCEntryLib.c
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew Fish
>
> > --