William B. Ware <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
: sequential/hierarchical regression as you note below... however, ANCOVA
: has at least two assumptions that your situation does not meet.  First, it
: assumes that assignment to treatment condition is random.  Second, it
: assumes that the measurement on the covariate is independent of
: treatment.  That is, the covariate should be measured before the treatment
: is implemented.  Thus, I believe that you should implement the
: hierarchical regression... but I'm not certain what question you are

They aren't assumptions but they do affect interpretations.  either way is
ANCOVA  which will answer a question.  Write the model comparison and
you'll see that.
  Whether it's the question you want to answer is another