Yep!!

As you say:
"Why are people so obsessed with T and Z? "

Perhaps it would be even better (easier?) to focus on F since

F(df1,df2) = t^2(df2)

(Reminder: when using a t-table, the p-values usually involve ONE-TAIL and
when using the F-table, the p-values involve TWO-TAILS )

Example:  The critical-value of t for probability of  p =  .05 at t(18) = 1.734
                The critical-value of F for probability of p = .10  at F(1,18)  =
(1.734)^2  =  3.01

:-)
-- Joe
* Joe Ward                                  Health Careers High School *
* 167 East Arrowhead Dr                     4646 Hamilton Wolfe        *
* San Antonio, TX 78228-2402                San Antonio, TX 78229      *
* Phone: 210-433-6575                       Phone: 210-617-5400        *
* Fax: 210-433-2828                         Fax: 210-617-5423          *
* [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                                    *
* http://www.ijoa.org/joeward/wardindex.html                           *