Dear Why, Ted:

Sign your query, and provide a usable return address, and someone might
consider an answer.  It might even be a useful one.  But anonymous
questions don't deserve a response.

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999, Generic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> My wife wants to adjust marks for a course she is marking.  Does
> someone have a formula or something for using a bell curve to move them
> up or down?

What reason have you (or your wife) for supposing that "a bell curve"
applies, or ought to apply, to her students?
        If she wants to adjust marks, she presumably has some idea of
what kinds of adjustments she wants to make, and why.  Let her have the
courage of her convictions.

> I have done this sort of thing about 15 years ago, but I can't remember
> any of it!

 Donald F. Burrill                                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 348 Hyde Hall, Plymouth State College,          [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 MSC #29, Plymouth, NH 03264                                 603-535-2597
 184 Nashua Road, Bedford, NH 03110                          603-471-7128