first, why does she want to do this?

second, does the distribution as is, look like a normal distribution? if
not ... why would you want to FORCE it to look like that?

third ... usually, "curving" means lowering the cutoffs ... that were
established at the beginning of a course (maybe in the syllabus) .... if
that is the case ... then there is NO statistical rationale for this ...
simply, your "gut" feeling that not enough students are making As, Bs, etc
... SO, you move the cutoffs down until YOU feel comfortable ...

At 04:23 AM 12/21/99 +0000, Generic wrote:
>My wife wants to adjust marks for a course she is marking. Does someone have
>a formula or something for using a bell curve to move them up or down?
>
>I have done this sort of thing about 15 years ago, but I can't remember any
>of it!
>

>--

208 Cedar Bldg., University Park, PA 16802
AC 814-863-2401    Email mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
WWW: http://roberts.ed.psu.edu/users/droberts/drober~1.htm
FAX: AC 814-863-1002