----- Forwarded message from Dale Glaser -----

I know others may disagree, but for my undergraduate classes I let them use
a formula "cheat sheet" for certain formulas...

----- End of forwarded message from Dale Glaser -----

I allow one 3X5 card for the first exam, two for the second, etc.
However, I do not put any restrictions on the content.  They can use
formulas, words, examples, figures, prayers, mantras, etc. -- whatever
they think will help them.  Based on the number of students who come
up to me during an exam and ask me to explain the forulas on their
cards, I think even the students themselves overestimate the utility
of formulas.

      _
     | |                    Robert W. Hayden
     | |          Work: Department of Mathematics
    /  |                Plymouth State College MSC#29
   |   |                Plymouth, New Hampshire 03264  USA
   | * |                fax (603) 535-2943
  /    |          Home: 82 River Street (use this in the summer)
 |     )                Ashland, NH 03217
 L_____/                (603) 968-9914 (use this year-round)
Map of New        [EMAIL PROTECTED] (works year-round)
Hampshire         http://mathpc04.plymouth.edu (works year-round)

The State of New Hampshire takes no responsibility for what this map
looks like if you are not using a fixed-width font such as Courier.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in
overalls and looks like work." --Thomas Edison