"Karl L. Wuensch" wrote:

>  I have always thought that success in stats courses was much more a
> function of a student's verbal aptitude and ability to think analytically,
> rather than mathematical aptitude.  Has anybody actually tested this
> hypothesis?

1.  This clearly depends on the particular (type of) stats course.

2.  I would find 'ability to think analytically' hard to distinguish
from 'mathematical aptitude' - although I accept that some narrow
definitions of both characteristics may have minimal overlap.

Alan

--
Alan McLean ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics