Based on the problems we have in ansering vague questions on edstat, I can
say that any requestor must be able to state the question, so we here (using
American English) can understand what he is saying and give a helpful
answer.

It is obvious that all of us have problems understanding the questions in
English. The complex field of statistics involves so many variations and
such a large body of knowledge, that giving a helpful answer is not easy. I
just don't reply in areas that I am weak in.

The issue is not on an individual being from Germany, or on international
relations, or on responding to people from different cultures and countries,
etc., etc. ....; the issue is that the requestor should be able to state the
question so we can understand it. If he can state the question in German, do
it. Requestors post questions in Spanish, Italian, Swedish and in other
languages that I can't recognise, and get answers. Let us encourage those on
edstat from foreign countries to answer the questions in their own languages
and to use their own references. If edstat is to be truely international, we
need a lot mre questions and responses in other languages.

DAHeiser