Paul Swank wrote:

> However, rather than do that why not right on to F? Why do t at all when you can do
>anything with F that t can do plus a whole lot more?

        Because the mean, normalized using the hypothesized mean and the
observed standard deviation, has a t distribution and not an F
distribution. I am aware that the two are algebraically related,(and
simply) but trying to get through statistics with only one table (or
only one menu item on your stats software) seems pointless - like trying
to do all your logic with NAND operations just because you can.

        -Robert Dawson