Elliot Cramer wrote:

> Gardburyb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> : Hi all,
>
> : I'm new to the group. I'm doing my dissertation, and I am doing a canonical
> : correlation analysis. My question is, what is the best way to compare canonical
>
> The test of parallelism in mancova is an equivalent test

I'd like to ask a follow-up question then. MANCOVA uses least squares as
its objective function to estimate relationships, while canonical
correlation uses a different objective function. They don't seem
equivalent to me, so my question is: is there some math that I'm not
aware of that shows these two are equivalent? If so, could you provide a
reference?

--
Paige Miller
Eastman Kodak Company

"It's nothing until I call it!" -- Bill Klem, NL Umpire
"When you get the choice to sit it out or dance,
   I hope you dance" -- Lee Ann Womack