> > Yes, I am using Powerpoint now.  It's harder than it sounds, because
> > one must calculate the radius' that give appropriately scaled circle
> > areas; and one can only guess how close to move the circles to give
> > the correct overlap area.

I use rectangular areas in Power Point.  That make it easy to get
the proportions you want.  It of course does not help with the
problem of observers incorrectly perceiving relative sizes.
Therefore, if the relative size is important, I label the parts.

TJ

> Instructions for joining and leaving this list and remarks about the
> problem of INAPPROPRIATE MESSAGES are available at
>                   http://jse.stat.ncsu.edu/

Tom Johnson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel: (919) 515 4620