Stan Brown wrote:

> Jon Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in sci.stat.edu:
> >
> >Stan Brown wrote:
> >
> >> I would respectfully suggest that the OP _first_ carefully study the
> >> textbook sections that correspond to the missed lectures, get notes from
> >> a classmate
> >
> >This part is of doubtful usefulness.
>
> Doubtful? It is "of doubtful usefulness" to get notes from a classmate and
> study the covered section of the textbook? Huh?

Sorry, bad editing on my part.

Getting notes from a classmate is of doubtful usefulness.  Plenty of anecdotes
on request.

If Cathy Cheng is in your class, you can just photocopy her notes and use them
as a textbook.  But most students?  Why would you care what someone who is
struggling to pass thinks the prof might have said?

You can ask the top students to look at their notes, but you should be prepared
to find that their notes are highly idiosyncratic.  Maybe even unusable.

Jon Miller