On 1/27/07, Arthur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> kirby urner wrote:
> > We oughta
> > be able to work with the guy, is my attitude.
>
> I wouldn't begin to know how to participate in a discussion that he is
> engineering.  The very fundamental ground rules of discourse within 412
> miles of him are not acceptable to me.

And that's completely OK.  There's no requirement any given two should
get along.  I just don't see the need to waste any time on whether Kay is
inside or outside Python Nation.  He's a VIP guest, perhaps a citizen by
now.  The law is unclear.  Our BDFL wisely focuses on the language itself
(over which he retains considerable power), and I advise the Minister of
Education to keep the alliance going with our neighbor computer languages,
as our common enemy is this cork in the bottle which keeps kids the
prisoner of the personal calculator fanatics.  They should have the choice
to break free, and into the wilds of "gnu math" (an invented meme in geek
culture).

Kirby