nbgrader and/or jupyter-edx-grader-xblock may be useful for your use cases
as well. It's a good idea to run Python code in containers or in JS in the
browser. JupyterHub helps with running code in containers. TLJH (The
Littlest JupyterHub) is one way to host Jupyter notebooks with nbgrader for
multiple users with JupyterHub.

I haven't seen a pyodide (in-browser JS) compilation that includes nbgrader
yet?

http://nbgrader.readthedocs.io/

https://github.com/ibleducation/jupyter-edx-grader-xblock

https://tljh.jupyter.org/