hi,
Am Donnerstag, den 23.03.2006, 11:50 +0000 schrieb [EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> Hi Oli,
>
> At one point you had told me that chroot wouldn't work.  I've been using
> Dapper on my home desktop machine for a month already, and I'm finding it to
> be totally usable.
>
> So what I'm asking is if it is reasonably safe to take the Edubuntu lab in
> school (after having all the students backup their data, of course ;-) and to
> dist-upgrade to Dapper?  If that results in a working lab afterwards, I'll be
> able to test Edubuntu Dapper with real students in a working environment.
we'll be in preparation of flight 6 next week, during that time the
archive will be slightly frozen to not break the cd builds, if you
upgrade during that period you should be fine with dist-upgrade (apart
from usual bugs coming up in a development release)

for the thin client chroot you have two options:

either upgrade it, but you wont gain the full benefit of improvements we
added for dapper...:
sudo chroot /opt/ltsp/i386 apt-get update
sudo chroot /opt/ltsp/i386 apt-get dist-upgrade

or wipe it and let the newer build script recreate it:

sudo rm -rf /opt/ltsp/i386
sudo ltsp-build-client

i'd suggest the latter for a full featured dapper experience, some
changes can only be made at chroot build time ...

ciao
        oli

ps: please dont CC me, i'm subscribed to this list ...